Have your decided to try the Windows 10 Preview yet on your on older hardware?
If you have tried and you notices the UI is getting too slow for your old PC, then here is a little tip you can try on your computer that can help you make your PC run faster with the Windows 10 preview UI (official build is 10130).
How to Make Windows 10 Preview Run Faster
On the windows 10 UI, the Transparency feature is enabled by default and this feature uses more resources unlike when you use the old solid background type. This is the same issues on other old window OS like the windows 7 etc.
So the work around to this is to head up to Settings > Personalization > Colors then scroll down. Then turn off Make Start, taskbar, and action center transparent.
If you try this, and the trick doesn’t work on your PC, then you will need to wait for the official version of windows 10 which is coming out on July 29th. The official version is expected to come out with great improvement for other PC that runs with Core M, Centrino, or low-end AMD processors.
Minimum System Requirements for Windows 10
To enjoy the best out of windows 10, you need to ensure that you computer meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 10 highlighted below:
- Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1
- 1GHz processor or faster
- 1 GB RAM for 32-bit or 2 GB RAM for 64-bit
- 16 GB hard drive space for 32-bit or 20 GB for 64-bit
- DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 graphics card
Latest posts by Olayinka Bolaji (see all)
- 6 Steps to help improve the safety of children on the Internet - May 10, 2016
- What Is Next For Nigeria’s eCommerce Sector? - April 14, 2016
- Saving Sony: Is This The End Of Sony? - April 4, 2016